PI Challenging Behaviour Course
The RDS physical intervention (PI) course for challenging behaviour has been specifically designed for the care and learning disability sectors but can be also be used in any environment where staff may encounter the threat of physical assault. It is recommended that a conflict management / verbal challenging behaviour course is taken prior to the physical intervention course.
Cost: £50 inclusive of VAT
RDS PI for Challenging Behaviour Course includes: 1 day training, registration, certification & lunch (if held at RDS premises)
Accredited by: RDS Training
Course Venue: RDS Training Centre in Hull, East Yorkshire
The course is assessed by the tutor and contains a combination of you demonstrating your ability to perform a skill and discussing the justification for using PI. Classes are restricted to 12 learners per course.
The PI for Challenging Behaviour course is planned over one day and contains of: –
- When and why you should use PI
- Legality of using PI on vulnerable adults and children
- How PI fits in with your company policies and procedures
- Practical application of: –
- Escorting, holding or supporting
- Disengagement from wrist grab
- Disengagement from a clothing or throat hold
- Avoiding and dealing with strikes from a standing position
- Avoiding strikes from a seated position
- Disengagement from a rear throat hold.
- Escape from a bear hug
- Separating two people fighting
Please note: This training requires a reasonable level of physical fitness. It does not exclude people with disabilities but all injuries must be notified in advance of the course. RDS Training Ltd will not be held liable for any injuries that were not reported prior to or during the course.
CALL NOW: +44 (0)1482 228 113 / 07714 135193
Book NOW….Just message us using the contact boxes on this page
1st November 2018
If you would like to reserve a place on the course, we MUST receive FULL payment 10 days in ADVANCE of your course to secure your place. Places are allocated on receipt of payment.
As soon as your payment has been received you will receive a confirmation letter with directions to the training venue.
Should you have any queries before or during your training, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to assist.